Roasted Pumpkin Haloumi Salad
This delicious, attractive recipe for Oven Roasted Pumpkin Haloumi Salad makes a lovely stand alone salad or serve it simply as a side dish.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 200 gms /7 oz haloumi pan fried into strips
- 200 gms /7 oz mixed lettuce leaf
- 200 gms /7 oz cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 200 gms /7 oz Japanese/Kent Pumpkin diced- can reduce if carb counting
- 200 gms /7 oz Beetroot diced cooked, baked or cryovaced sugar free remove if watching carbs
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil EVOO plus additional to bake the pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
Cube the pumpkin skin and all and drizzle with a little EVOO. Bake it in a very hot oven for about 35 minutes until cooked and slightly browned. Allow to cool slightly.
Slice the haloumi into desired shape, but not too thick. Pan fry in a little EVOO till golden on both sides. Allow the haloumi to cool slightly. This will take just a few minutes.
Prepare the salad by tossing the salad leaves into a large bowl. Sprinkle with thinly sliced red onion, the cherry tomatoes, pumpkin, beetroot and haloumi.
Gently toss the salad and sprinkle with pine nuts (pepitas seeds or almond slivers.)
Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil EVOO.
Replace the balsamic vinegar with red wine vinegar or lemon juice.
If carbs are an issue for you, remove the beetroot and minimize the use of the pumpkin. You can also increase amount if you wish to.
Use sweet potato in place of the pumpkin. Note also that Kent pumpkin is the best low carb pumpkin option as butternut pumpkin is higher in carbs.
Serving: 1serve | Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.2g | Protein: 15.9g | Fat: 15.9g | Fiber: 2g