Low Carb Mushroom Goats Cheese Quiche
Delicious Low Carb Mushroom Goats Cheese Quiche is ideal for many occasions. It's perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, a meal or a snack.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 8 serves
Quiche Filling Ingredients
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups /250 gms sliced mushrooms- button or field mushrooms were used in featured recipe
- 100 gms goats cheese/Chevre- cut/broken into small cubes
- 1 cup tasty cheese grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream -full fat
- 1/2 cup cream- full fat
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs- optional
- butter to rub on the base and sides of the baking dish
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon almond meal/almond flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 170 C/350 F fan forced
Prepare an 20-26 cm/8-10” flan or quiche pan by rubbing it with liberally butter.
Mix the parmesan cheese and almond meal together and sprinkle on the prepared pan, shaking it to distribute it all over.
Beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Beat in the sour cream and cream and mix till combined.
Mix in the grated cheese, spring onions and herbs to the egg mix.
Gently fold in the mushrooms and goats cheese.
Pour into the prepared quiche pan, ensuring the ingredients are well dispersed over the surface of the pan.
Bake for approximately 40-50 minutes or until cooked in the centre but not dry.
Omit the almond meal and double the amount of Parmesan cheese for the crust to make this nut free.
Use filling in a pastry base if you aren't worried at all about the carbs - but try this version first☺
Serving: 1serve | Calories: 421kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 34g | Fiber: 1g