Low Carb Asian Slaw
The addition of coriander, mint and ginger in this Low Carb Asian Slaw add a delicious twist to a classic recipe. A simple to make healthy salad perfect for any occasion.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 10 serves
- 400 grams red cabbage finely sliced
- 400 grams cabbage finely sliced cabbage
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 large red pepper/capsicum finely sliced
- 3 spring onions finely chopped reserve a little for garnish
- 1 bunch coriander roughly chopped reserve a little for garnish
- ½ cup chopped mint
- ½ cup unsalted peanuts roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chilli paste or to taste
Asian Slaw Dressing
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Tamari fish sauce or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil- EVOO
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon garlic minced
- ½-1 teaspoon red chilli minced to taste
- ½-1 tablespoon stevia blend I like to use this one
- A generous squeeze of lime juice
- Salt to taste
Pour the dressing over the slaw mix and stir until ingredients are well combined
Serve the slaw garnished with peanuts, some chopped spring onions, chopped coriander and additional chopped red chilli if desired.
Add 100-150 gms/4-5 oz of shredded chicken per person to this recipe to make an Asian Chicken Slaw.
Switch peanuts for almonds, sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds.
Add vegetables such as zucchini strips, kale, celery and green beans for variation. If carrot is not off limits, shredded carrot goes well.
This recipe was developed to go with Chicken Satay Sticks and the flavors go really well together. Check out the recipe at https://ketohh.com/low-carb-chicken-satay-skewers/
Serving: 1serve | Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.3g | Protein: 6.2g | Fat: 7.2g | Fiber: 4g