Low Carb Asian Slaw with Konjac Noodles
Hints of Asian flavors in this Low Carb Asian Slaw with Konjac Noodles add a delicious twist to a classic recipe.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 serves
- 400gms Konjac/Shirataki noodles
- 400gms cabbage finely sliced cabbage
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 large red pepper/capsicum finely sliced
- 2 spring onions finely chopped reserve a little for garnish
- 1 bunch coriander roughly chopped reserve a little for garnish
- 50 gms unsalted peanuts for garnish
- 1 small red chilli finely chopped or to taste for garnish-optional
Vietnamese Slaw Dressing
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Lakanto Monkfruit Classic Sweetener stevia erythritol blend-or to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli minced or to taste
Cook Konjac noodles according to instructions on the packet. Drain and rinse in cold water.
Add Konjac noodles to a large bowl and cut through the longer lengths of the noodles to make them shorter and easier to manage.
Add the remaining slaw ingredients to the noodles and gently mix till well combined.
Combine all of the slaw dressing ingredients together and mix well ensuring the sweetener has dissolved properly.
Pour the dressing over the slaw mix and stir gently, till combined
Serve the slaw garnished with peanuts, some chopped spring onions, chopped coriander and additional chopped red chili on the side if desired.
Add 100-150 gms/4-5 oz of shredded chicken per person to this recipe to make an Asian Chicken Slaw with Konjac Noodles.
Omit the Konjac noodles and add additional cabbage or 400 gms lightly blanched zoodles if desired.
This recipe was developed to go with Sugar Free Vietnamese Chicken Wings and the flavors go really well together.Check out the recipe at Sugar Free Vietnamese Chicken Wings.
Serving: 1serve | Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 12.4g | Protein: 6.2g | Fat: 7.2g | Fiber: 4g