Low Carb Zucchini Slice
A delicious low carb version of the classic, this Low Carb Zucchini Slice. Delicious for breakfast or lunch on the run, or as a main meal.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 8 serves
- 8 large eggs
- 200 gms /1 cup chunky diced bacon
- 2 medium zucchini quartered length ways and sliced thinly into quadrants
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream- full fat
- 1/2 cup cream- full fat
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- butter to rub on the baking dish
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon almond meal/almond flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 170 C/ 350 F fan forced
Prepare an 20-30 cm/8 x 12” pan by rubbing it with liberally butter.
Mix the parmesan cheese and almond meal together and sprinkle on the prepared pan, shaking it to distribute it all over.
Beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Beat in the sour cream and cream and mix till combined.
Mix in the coconut flour. Gently fold in remaining ingredients.
Pour into the prepared quiche pan.
Bake for approximately 45-50 minutes or until cooked in the centre but not dry. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Omit the almond meal and double the amount of parmesan cheese for the crust to make this nut free.
Grate the zucchini instead of slicing it.
Pan fry the bacon to make crispy before adding.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 29g | Fiber: 2g