Asian Slaw with Chicken
Low Carb Asian Slaw with Chicken is a delicious dish that can be made quickly with the right ingredients at hand. Simple food at it's best!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 500 gms cabbage thinly sliced
- 500 gms sliced/shredded chicken
- 3 celery stalks thinly sliced
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- ½ red pepper/capsicum thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of coriander roughly chopped
- Chopped coriander and 4 tablespoons unsalted peanuts to garnish.
- 1 tablespoon Tbspn fish sauce or 2 Tbspns soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons Tbspns rice wine vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoon Stevia Erythritol Blend Powder-or to taste
- 1 small to medium chilli finely chopped- or to taste
- 1 teaspoon tspn finely chopped/minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic chopped/minced
Slice the vegetables for the salad as finely as you can. Toss them together in a large bowl.
Add the chicken and most of the coriander saving some coriander to garnish at the end.
Mix all of the ingredients together for the dressing and pour over the salad.
Allow the flavors to soak in for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Divide the slaw into 4 serving bowls and garnish each bowl with 1 tablespoon of unsalted peanuts and leftover coriander leaves.
Carb lovers variation- serve on top of rice vermicelli noodles that have been soaked in hot water for 5 minutes, rinsed in cold water and drained.Add some konjac noodles/shirataki noodles for a great low carb variation.
Serving: 1serve | Calories: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 14g | Fiber: 2.1g