Creamy Mushroom Soup
This low carb Creamy Mushroom Soup takes less than 30 minutes to make and tastes divine. If you like mushrooms, you will love this recipe.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 serves
- 500 gms sliced Field, Portabello or Button mushrooms
- 1/2 brown onion thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup 200 ml pure cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Additonal sour cream for garnish
- 2 tablespoons mushrooms thinly sliced into strips and browned in butter for garnish- make these in the pan before making the soup.
Heat the butter in a medium saucepan and add the mushrooms, garlic and onion. Saute without browning for approximately 5 minutes.
Add the vegetable stock and simmer gently without a lid for a further 20 minutes and then remove from heat. It may reduce slightly.
Using a stick blender, blitz the soup until it is very smooth and remove all lumps from the soup.
Blend in the cream and sour cream until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and cracked black pepper
Return to a gentle heat and heat the soup up ready to serve without boiling. Thin with additional stock if too thick.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g