Creamy Mushroom Soup
Creamy Mushroom Soup
This delicious low carb Creamy Mushroom Soup takes less than 30 minutes to make and tastes absolutely divine. For all of you mushroom lovers out there, this recipe is sure to become a favorite of yours. It’s a really easy dish to prepare with just a few simple ingredients.
Simple Fresh Ingredients
Fresh button, field or Portobello mushrooms are sauteed with butter, onion and a little garlic. A delicious creamy consistency is achieved by adding cream and sour cream. You can then serve it by garnishing simply with some crispy fried mushrooms and grated cheese. It’s also delicious served withmsome crumbled goats cheese. You can then enjoy this delightful soup as a simple lunch or dinner dish. It is ideal served as a starter for a dinner party.
This dish is suitable for anyone on a low carb, keto or LCHF regime, and it is equally suitable for anyone who just wants to cut back a bit on the number of carbs they consume. It’s a lovely filling dish that would be great to take to work for lunch. Try it served a slice of Healthy Low Carb Bread with some butter on the side for a substantial and nutritious meal.
More Delicious Low Carb Soup Recipes
If you are looking for some other fabulous low carb soup recipes, check out some of my other soup recipes. There is a delicious Low Carb Cauliflower Soup and a low carb take on a traditional Low Carb Dutch Meatball Soup. All of these recipes are simple to make and taste delicious. They are also all low in carbs and free from any added sugars so suited for anyone trying to reduce their carb intake, as well as break away from processed foods. There is also a delicious recipe for Moroccan Pumpkin Soup, which is divine.
This recipe shows that when it comes to cooking, simplicity can bring with it amazing results.
- 500 gms sliced Field, Portabello or Button mushrooms
- 1/2 brown onion thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup 200 ml pure cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Additonal sour cream for garnish
- 2 tablespoons mushrooms thinly sliced into strips and browned in butter for garnish- make these in the pan before making the soup.
- Heat the butter in a medium saucepan and add the mushrooms, garlic and onion. Saute without browning for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and simmer gently without a lid for a further 20 minutes and then remove from heat. It may reduce slightly.
- Using a stick blender, blitz the soup until it is very smooth and remove all lumps from the soup.
- Blend in the cream and sour cream until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and cracked black pepper
- Return to a gentle heat and heat the soup up ready to serve without boiling. Thin with additional stock if too thick.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream, some crispy mushroom strips and a teaspoon of grated cheese or crumbled Chevre/goats cheese.