Low Carb Broccoli Bacon Salad
Delicious and easy to make Low Carb Broccoli Salad is always a crowd favorite. Easy to make and perfect for keto, celiacs and diabetics, or for anyone just looking for a great tasting salad recipe.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Servings 10 side serves
- 2 large heads of brocolli cut into small florets
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds or pepita seeds for nut free version
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion -can be switched for spring onions if desired
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 100 gms diced crispy bacon or pancetta or to taste
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (ACV) or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon stevia blend or sweetener of choice
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine the broccoli, onion, cheese, bacon and nuts in a large salad serving bowl.
Combine all of the dressing ingredients and whisk until well blended.
Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until all of the broccoli is lightly coated in the dressing.
Salad will will keep for 3 to 4 days in the fridge.
Use sweetener of choice such as coconut sugar or alternative. You can also adjust the amount of sweetener used if the dressing isn't sweet enough.
There is the option to blanch your broccoli in boiling water for about 3 minutes and then plunge into cold water and drain before adding, for a slightly softer texture.
Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) can be used instead of mayonnaise although the dressing won't be as creamy. You could also use 1/2 mayonnaise and 1/2 EVOO.
Serving: 1serve | Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.4g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 21g | Fiber: 2.1g