Christmas Wreath Salad
Christmas Wreath Salad
Sometimes the simplest things can look and taste absolutely amazing. Throw this Christmas Wreath Salad together and get your creative groove going decorating it and you will end up with a stunning salad that can take centre stage on your table. The fun part is creating the wreath out of the bocconcini, tomato and basil leaves.
With a tiny amount of effort, you have a wonderfully simple dish that is worthy to be served at any table. Your guests are going to think you have spent hours creating this beautiful looking salad. The truth is that you could probably create it blind folded, it is that simple to make.
Mix It Up
Feel free to add ingredients of choice to this delicious Christmas Wreath Salad recipe. Olives, red peppers and even pistachio/slivered almonds and cranberries can be added to creative your own designer salad wreath. You can also vary the salad dressing to suit your tastes. There is an option to use lemon juice or balsamic vinegar, both of which taste great in this recipe.
Low Carb and Sugar Free Salads
Don’t forget to check out some of the other wonderful salads that are on this website. I particularly love the colors and flavors of this Healthy Broccoli Salad. It’s a really delicious vegan, vegetarian and paleo salad that is great to serve up to a diverse crowd. There’s also a Broccoli and Bacon Salad that is always a crowd favorite because who doesn’t love this flavor combination. I love the simplicity of this Asian Konjac Slaw and Asian Slaw recipe, both of which take no time to make. If you are a tabouleh lover, then you have to try this Cauliflower Tabouleh copy cat recipe.
To see all of the salad recipes, just do a search for salad in the search bar as there are a lots more to choose from.
- 250 gms mixed lettuce leaf
- ½ small red onion finely sliced
- 1 cup bocconicini
- 300 gms cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup basil leaves
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Mix the salad greens. ½ the basil leaves and the onion in a large bowl. Mix all of the ingredients together for the dressing in a small jar and pour over the salad green mix, retaining a couple of tablespoons to drizzle over the salad.
- Place the mixed salad greens into a wreath shape on a flat serving dish.
- Garnish with tomatoes and basil leaves, creating mistletoe like shapes around the wreath. Dot with bocconcini balls. Drizzle with the remaining dressing.
- Per Serving: 259 calories; 22.7 g fat; 9.8 g carbohydrates; 5.2 g protein; 16 mg cholesterol; 445 mg sodium.