Chia Hemp Seed Cheese Crisps
Chia Hemp Seed Cheese Crisps
If you are trying to cut back on your carbs and overly processed foods, it generally means buying low carb crackers from the supermarket is a no go. Unless of course you want to pay a fortune for a very niche product. This recipe for Chia Hemp Seed Crackers not only tastes brilliant but is also a really easy recipe to make. I’ve upped the nutritional value of these crackers by adding hemp seeds and chia seeds and the taste is fantastic. I feel better eating these when I know the added benefits of the seeds make them a reasonably healthy low carb snack option.
Simple to Make
Aside from the amazing taste of these crackers, they only require 3 ingredients to make and literally only take 10 minutes to cook. So, these crisps are cheap to make, they taste amazing and they are really simple to cook. What is not to love about that?
Check out the Youtube video and you’ll see just how easy these are to make
These crackers taste great using the hemp seeds and chia seeds, but you could easily switch the seeds for poppy seeds. linseed/flaxseed or regular sesame seeds as well. You could also add dried herbs and spices to the cheese, including chives and even sliced jalapenos for variation. They also taste great without any seasonings as well.
Low Carb Cracker Options
If you are interested in some other fantastic low carb cracker recipes, I highly recommend you try making Low Carb Almond Seed Crackers, Low Carb Healthy Crackers (which are bit plainer,) or this recipe for a really nutty seedy cracker, Low Carb Seed Crackers. I also love this recipe for o another Low Carb Cheese Almond Crackers.
I hope you love this simple to make recipe as much as I do. If you like it, please leave some feedback below or share it on facebook, pinterest and/or instagram if you can. If you tag it with #ketohh or #alowcarblowsugarlifestyle, I will find it as I love to get feedback from you on recipes you have made.
- 6 slices tasty or full flavored cheese slices don't use processed cheese slices
- 3 teaspoons chia seeds black or white
- 3 teaspoons hemp seed/hulled hemp hearts
- Preheat oven to 200 C/400 F fan forced
- Lay cheese slices on a piece of baking paper on a large baking tray with as much distance between each slice that you can get.
- Mix the seeds together and place 1/2 a teaspoonful on top of each cheese slice. Spread the seeds out over the cheese.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese melts into crackers and brown slightly, taking care not to overcook. If you under cook them they will be soft and won't become crispy and if you over cook them you will not be able to cut them. You want the crackers crispy once they cool.
- Place onto a chopping board and using a sharp knife cut into triangles. If the crackers are too crispy to cut, you can just break them up into smaller pieces as they will crumble. The end result should be a crispy cracker. If not crispy enough, return to the oven for a couple of minutes.