Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Just wait until you taste this fabulously rich and Creamy Tuscan Chicken. While the flavors are absolutely wonderful, I love that the dish is simple to throw together and quite quick to make. Tender sauteed chicken is simmered in a rich and creamy sun dried tomato, spinach, garlic and Parmesan cheese sauce to absolute perfection. Whether you’re watching your carbs or not, this recipe is a real crowd pleaser and gets rave reviews whenever it’s served.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken is suitable for anyone following a gluten free, low carb or keto way of eating. It’s one of my favorite recipes and the fact that it’s so simple to cook makes it even more attractive.
Pan Method or Oven Baked Method
Creamy Tuscan Chicken is perfect for a weeknight family meal but is fit to be served at any occasion. The recipe includes an oven baked method for a dish that’s centre of the “tableworthy”. I generally use the one pan method for regular meals unless someone’s coming for dinner. Both meals present really well but the oven baked method is definitely more of a visual statement.
Sun dried Tomatoes
It’s a real struggle to find sun dried tomatoes that are preserved in a healthy oil. All versions on the shelves in my local stores are made with unhealthy oils such as canola and vegetable oils. I’ve linked a jar of sun dried tomatoes in the ingredients that I buy from Amazon. It is one of the only jars that I could find that uses olive oil. Feel free of course to use sun dried tomatoes of choice in the recipe.
Serving Suggestions for Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Try serving this with a serve of your favorite greens on the side such as green beans, brussel sprouts or broccoli. To make it more substantial try serving it with Cauliflower Rice or Mashed Cauliflower. A simple salad served on the side would also taste great.
I can’t wait to hear your feedback on this delicious recipe.
- 1000 gms boneless and skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried chili flakes or to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons EVOO- extra virgin olive oil
To Make The Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons sun dried tomato strips thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Italian mixed herbs /oregano, basil, thyme or marjoram
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy/pure cream
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated or tasty/hard cheese of choice
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- Season the chicken with the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- Heat the EVOO/oil in a large heavy based frying pan over medium to high heat. Brown the chicken for about 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside covered in aluminium foil.
- Add the butter and the garlic to the frying pan juices and fry gently until garlic is translucent. Stir through the sun dried tomatoes and the herbs. Add the chicken stock to the pan and turn the heat up. Reduce the liquid by about 1/2, then turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Whisk the cream cheese into the reduction until well blended. Add the cream and the sour cream and whisk until the sauce becomes smooth and creamy. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cheese and stir until the cheese melts. Add the spinach leaves to the sauce and continue to cook until the spinach wilts slightly. See notes below for steps for an oven baked option.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and allow to simmer gently for about 10 minutes. Cover the dish with a lid for about 15 minutes before serving, for soft and tender chicken.