Crispy Pork Belly with Coriander Salad
Crispy Pork Belly with Coriander Salad
Delicious Crispy Pork Belly with Coriander Salad is a really simple way to serve a this delicious cut of pork. The skin of the pork belly is crispy while the meat is cooked to perfection and is succulent and juicy. Add the coriander salad for a deliciously fresh side that cuts through the fat from the pork belly and refreshes the palate.
I love the fact that you get to enjoy delicious recipes like this that are kosher on a low carb, sugar free, gluten free and keto way of eating. With minimal impact on blood sugar levels, this recipe is also perfect for diabetics as well.
Air Fryer and Conventional Recipes
You can cook Crispy Pork Belly with Coriander Salad in a number of different ways. If you have an air fryer you are going to love this recipe. Instructions are also included to bake in a conventional oven as well. Both methods work really well although if you have an air fryer, this is where it really shines. It bakes cuts of meat like this to absolute perfection and the clean up is really simple as well. Instructions for the oven method create a lovely crispy crackling as well so don’t despair if you don’t have an air fryer.
A really simple salad that you can throw together in just minutes. Serve this dish as a delicious starter, or add a couple of side dishes and you have a wonderfully substantial main meal. I occasionally serve the coriander salad on top of a simple green salad to make the dish a little more substantial. Oven roasted vegetables could be baked at the some time as the pork and would also make great side options.
Delicious Low Carb Side Options
Check out these recipes for some fabulous oven roasted low carb side options that feature on this site. With delicious recipes such as Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Oven Roasted Moroccan Cauliflower and Oven Roasted Green Beans with Parmesan, you aren’t restricted at all. You can also check out the Vegetables and Sides tab to see all of the fabulous low carb vegetable options that are on offer on this blog.
- 1 kg pork belly
Coriander Salad Ingredients
- 1 cup washed coriander leaves including stems roughly chopped
- ½ medium red onion very finely sliced
- 1 medium red chili finely chopped or to taste
- ¼ cup toasted white sesame seeds
- ⅓ cup roasted chopped unsalted peanuts
Coriander Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil or EVOO- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar (ACV)/white vinegar
- ½ tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon stevia blend or sweetener of choice
- Prepare the pork belly by washing and drying with paper towel. Rub with salt and leave it in the fridge overnight to dry out covered with paper toweling or a cloth.
- Just prior to cooking remove the pork from the fridge and score the fat horizontally and vertically about 1 cm/.4 " or visually score it so that the score lines will coincide with the cutting line when you slice the pork belly to serve. Rub some additional salt into the pork rind.
Air Fryer Pork Belly Method
- Preheat the air fryer to 200 C/390 F.
- Cook the pork belly rind side down for 10 minutes. This helps prevent the pork belly from curling up.
- Turn the heat down to 180 C/ 360 F and turn the pork belly over so the rind side is on top. Continue to cook for a further 30 minutes or until the pork belly is cooked and tender. Allow the pork to rest for about 20 minutes prior to slicing into approximately 2cm/.8" slices or as you prefer.
Conventional Oven Pork Belly Method
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/ 290 F.
- Place the pork rind side up on in a baking dish. Cook the pork for 20-25 minutes. If your oven is baking unevenly, turn your pork belly around and bake for a further 20-25 minutes or until the pork belly is cooked and tender. Allow the pork to rest for about 20 minutes prior to slicing into approximately 2cm/.8" slices or as you prefer.
Coriander Salad Instructions
- Combine the dressing ingredients together and mix together so the sweetener dissolves.
- Mix all of the salad ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Mix the dressing through the salad and serve on the side of the pork belly.