Keto Cauliflower Cheese Bake
Keto Cauliflower Cheese Bake
Wait until you try this fabulous recipe for Keto Cauliflower Cheese Bake. Not only is it really simple to make but there is also no need to make a roux based sauce. Yippee!! I am never going back to making a bechamel sauce again. Once you see how easy this white sauce is to make, you won’t be either. Because there’s no flour in the sauce, this recipe is suitable for anyone with a gluten intolerance, as well as those following a low carb or ketogenic diet.
Same Same But Different
This recipe for a cauliflower cheese bake is absolutely delicious and a perfect everyday recipe that you and your family are going to love. However, if you are looking for a recipe that is more like mac and cheese, you might want to try this recipe for Cauliflower Mac and Cheese. Both the flavor and the cheese is amped up in this really easy to make recipe, so check it out if that is what you are looking for.
To see how simple it is to make this delicious recipe, you might want to watch this video. Make sure you subscribe to my Youtube channel while you are there so you don’t miss out on any of these great instructional cooking videos.
Prepare The Cauliflower
Simply boil, parboil or steam your cauliflower slightly first, I often do this by placing the cauliflower florets into the dish I am going to bake in, cover it with cling wrap or a microwave lid and zap for about 5 minutes in the microwave. There are no extra dishes or pans, and it’s instant. Just take care that you don’t get burnt by steam using this method.
Making The Sauce
The sauce literally takes minutes to prepare for Keto Cauliflower Cheese Bake. You can make the sauce on the stove top if you wish to. I simply zap the cream cheese and butter in the microwave until soft, and then use a whisk to beat in the cream. Season the sauce with salt and pepper, add some grated cheese and voila…your sauce is ready to pour over your broccoli. There are instructions for the stove top as well, which are also really simple.
More Fabulous Side Vegetable Dishes
If you are after some more simple to make but delicious sides that are also perfect for a simple dinner at home but also perfectly suited for entertaining, check out some of these other recipes.
- 1 medium cauliflower cut into large florets
- 100 gms cream cheese
- ¾ cup heavy cream/pure cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup grated tasty/hard cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make the sauce, blitz the butter and the cream cheese in bursts in the microwave until soft (or on the stove top in a small sauce pan). It will only take a couple of minutes. Blend together with a whisk until smooth, slowly adding the cream until combined.
- Stir in half of the grated cheese. Blitz again in the microwave in bursts of about 60 seconds (or continue cooking on the stove top) until the sauce thickens, whisking well in between. This will take about 3-4 minutes in the microwave. Don't be concerned if there are a few lumps in the sauce.
- Season the white sauce with salt and pepper and allow to sit and thicken for a few minutes while you prepare the cauliflower.
- Cook the cauliflower until just tender but still firm, either in the microwave, parboil or steam it. This can take about 5 minutes in the microwave but can vary. Take care pulling the cling wrap off the cauliflower if you use the microwave method, as steam can build up.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the cauliflower. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 180 C/360 F fan forced for 15- 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and browned slightly.