Low Carb Keto Garlic Bread
Low Carb Keto Garlic Bread
Who would have guessed that you could enjoy garlic bread and still stick to a low carb or keto way of eating. Not only that, but that it tastes absolutely delicious and is really simple to make. You can make this fantastic recipe for Low Carb Keto Garlic Bread in about 15 minutes.
Fat Head Dough
This recipe is possibly the first ever fat head dough recipe that I have posted. If you’ve been following a keto diet then most of you will be well aware of what fat head dough is. For any fat head virgins out there, this dough was invented by the nephew of Tom Naughton of ‘Fat Head Movie’ fame. Ever since it has been named Fat Head Dough in honour of his Fat Head Movie.
I personally think that it evolved purely so that you can still enjoy pizza on a low carb diet, and it works wonderfully well as pizza dough without the carbs. It uses almond flour or meal, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese and eggs to create a dough that is pretty flexible. Something pretty rare in low carb or keto cooking.
Fat head dough also works as a great pastry replacement in recipes such as sausage rolls, empanada’s and low carb samosa’s, as well as many other brilliant recipes. One of my favorite ways to use this dough is in Cinnamon Buns. If you stay posted, you will discover how to make cinnamon rolls, as I’m working on the recipe now.
This particular recipe varies a little from the original fat head recipe. I have added additional almond meal/almond flour for some additional bulk, and also some baking powder to get some rise in the dough. It’s such a delicious recipe that I think you are going to love.
This recipe is best served warm. Because it has mozzarella cheese in it, it firms up as it cools. It still tastes great cold but will be a little firmer due to the cheese. I love to eat it warm from the oven. It is also brilliant microwaved from cold for just a few seconds.
Serve it as a side dish, or at anytime when you would have eaten garlic bread in your high carb days. It’s also brilliant served as part of an tasting platter, and can be served with cold meats, dips and cheese.
Let me know what you think of the recipe if you get around to making it. Please feel free to share the recipe on social media. Don’t forget to leave feed back as well by using the star ratings systemt that is on each recipe.
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon parsley chopped fresh or dried
- 1 teaspoon minced or finely chopped garlic
Preheat oven to 200 C/400 F fan forced
- Combine the almond meal/almond flour, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, baking powder, salt, onion powder and garlic powder in a medium sized microwave bowl.
- Microwave on high for about 60-90 seconds or until the mozzarella cheese has melted.
- Using a fork or electric beaters, mix the heated ingredients until well combined.
- Add the egg to the mixture and continue mixing until the egg is mixed in thoroughly. Form a dough ball with the mixture, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Prepare a baking pan by topping with a piece of quality baking paper and pour the dough out onto the centre of the paper.
- Using a spatula or your hands, form the dough into desired shape, ensuring that it is about 1 inch/ 2.5 cms high all over.
- Combine the melted butter with the parsley and the garlic and spoon over the shaped dough.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the bread is nicely browned. Slice and serve warm.