No Bake Keto Muesli Bars
No Bake Keto Muesli Bars
These delicious no bake keto muesli bars are the perfect sugar free treat. Whip up a batch and store in the fridge for those moments when you want a sweet treat that’s keto kosher. Not only do they taste fab but they are also pretty healthy as well. I love the contrast of the toasted nuts and seeds with the caramel like butter/fudge that holds the slice together.
Be prepared to share this slice as everyone loves it as even with the carb eaters in your life will enjoy a slice. It’s a great option if your gluten free, celiac, diabetic and for those watching their carb/sugar intake.
NO BAKE SLICES
If you haven’t tried any of the low carb no bake slice recipes on my blog, you are in for a real treat. This fabulous recipe adds to a couple of other no bake slice recipes that you really need to try. All of these recipes are quite easy to make and the flavors are just as good (if not better) than their sugar laden versions. Make sure you check out these recipes-
Low Carb No Bake Lemon Slice
Sugar Free No Bake Chocolate Slice
Made with healthy ingredients such as toasted coconut, nuts and seeds along with almond meal, butter, almond butter/nut butter and sugar free maple syrup. Once you’ve toasted your nuts and seeds, these will take just minutes to make. Feel free to switch the sugar free maple syrup for additional butter or an alternative syrup/honey substitute. While the no bake keto muesli bars featured used peanut butter, you can use your favorite nut butter in it’s place.
STORING NO BAKE KETO MUESLI BARS
This slice needs to be stored in the fridge as it will soften at room temperature or it will soften. The recipe will also freeze but the nuts and seeds tend to loose their toasted texture. It doesn’t detract from the taste though at all.
This recipe has become a staple in my house. Not only do I love a slice with a cup of coffee but I’ve also eaten it for breakfast on the run as well. This is the perfect keto/sugar free option that offers a mixture of healthy seeds, nuts and fats that are much better for you than any store bought snacks.
Ingredients for Toasting
- Place the nuts and seeds on a piece of baking paper and toast in the oven at 120 C/250 F for about 10-15 minutes taking care not to brown too much. Allow to cool.
- Heat the butter, sweetener and maple syrup on the stove top until the butter melts. Continue to simmer for a further couple of minutes, ensuring you remove the mixture before it browns.
- Whisk the coconut oil, peanut butter and vanilla extract into the butter mixture until smooth.
- Place the almond meal/flour, roasted nuts and seeds, coconut and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl. Add the butter mixture and stir until well combined.
- Press the mixture into a slice tray approximately 20 cm x 30 cm / 8" X 12" and refrigerate until set. Cut in to desired slices once set.
- Store slice in the fridge or it will soften at room temperature.