Sugar Free No Bake Cheesecake
Sugar Free No Bake Cheesecake
Wait until you taste this simple to make but delicious Sugar Free No Bake Cheesecake recipe. Not only does it fit in with a low carb and keto way of eating but it’s also gluten free and ideal for diabetics as well. This is the ideal dessert to cater for many different ways of eating, so would be a great choice for when you’re entertaining. It’s also another recipe that proves that there doesn’t have to be a compromise on taste just because a recipe is low carb.
Baked Cheesecake vs Sugar Free No Bake Cheesecake
People generally have a preference for either a baked cheesecake or they prefer a no bake cheesecake. No bake cheesecakes are generally a little lighter in texture and probably a little creamier as well. They are also a little simpler and less time consuming to make. Although the effort required to make a baked cheesecake is well worth the end result, it is great to have a couple of cheesecake recipes up your sleeve. The other benefit to a no bake cheesecake is that it is egg free as well.
If you’re looking for a fantastic recipe for a keto friendly sugar free baked cheesecake, check out this recipe for New York Baked Cheesecake. As with this recipe for a Sugar Free No Bake Cheesecake, no one is ever going to guess that this isn’t a traditional recipe. It tastes exactly like cheesecake should.
As an alternative, you could make your cheesecakes into individual serves so there is no need to cut your cheesecake. I recommend serving the recipe into about 12 pots for a more substantial serve. Pots can then be garnished with fresh fruit, whipped cream or drizzled with a berry coulis if desired.
To Serve Sugar Free No Bake Cheesecake
Try serving this delicious recipe simply on it’s own dusted with some cinnamon powder. Fresh berries and fresh whipped cream served on top taste delicious. Berry Coulis drizzled on top tastes divine, especially when served with a dollop of fresh whipped cream. See the recipe below to learn how to make a simple Berry Coulis. Grated dark chocolate would also be a delicious option if you are a bit of a chocolate fiend.
Make sure you serve this Sugar Free No Bake Cheesecake straight from the fridge. Because it has no setting agents in it, it will soften at room temperature. This recipe will keep for about 4-5 days in the fridge and also freezes really well.
Berry Coulis Recipe
Place 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh berries, 1/4 cup water and 1-2 tablespoons of sweetener in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to a simmer for about 5 minutes. The berries will break down quite quickly and the mixture can burn, so make sure you stir it fairly regularly. Remove from heat and mash any larger chunks with a fork if required. Allow it to cool before serving.
If you wish to strain the coulis to get rid of the seeds, wait until it cools down but this is optional. Note that if you use strawberries they break down more slowly, so it is better to chop them into smaller pieces before cooking them. You can also blitz your coulis to get a smoother sauce. I find this works particularly well with a strawberry coulis.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
CHEESECAKE BASE INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups pecan meal or almond meal see notes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or to taste
- 1 teaspoon stevia blend
- A pinch of salt
- 75 gms butter melted
- 500 gms cream cheese full fat at room temperature
- ¼ cup stevia blend /monkfruit blend or 1/2 cup erythritol or coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons sour cream full fat
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy/pure cream
- In a medium bowl, combine the cheesecake base ingredients. Mix well until combined.
- Prepare your spring pan by rubbing the sides of the pan with butter to prevent your filling sticking if it touches the sides. Line the base of the pan with baking paper before assembling the spring pan.
- Press the base mixture into the spring form pan, pressing up the sides as well. It is ok if the base mixture doesn't go all the way up the sides as long as you grease your pan. Compress the base and sides base firmly to prevent it from crumbling using a heavy flat based jar if need be. Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sweetener together until very smooth and creamy, and lump free.
- Add the sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla extract and continue to mix until well combined and really smooth.
- Whip the cream in another mixing bowl until it forms firm peaks. Add to the cream cheese mixture and beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy without over mixing.
- Spoon the filling into the cheesecake base and smooth off the top.
- Refrigerate cheesecake until firm, for about 12 hours or overnight.
- To serve the cheesecake, remove it from the spring form pan and set on a plate or serving platter. You will need to run a sharp knife around the edges to help the cheesecake to release. For a simple topping, dust with cinnamon powder. Alternatively top with fresh berries and fresh whipped cream.
- Because nothing is used to set the cheesecake, refrigerate until ready to serve. Cheesecake will keep for 4-5 days and can be frozen.
5 thoughts on “Sugar Free No Bake Cheesecake”
Sounds divine. Can’t wait to make it
Was delicious, first time had a cheesecake in 10 yeats. Makes loads too. Shared it on face book too.
Thanks so much for the feedback Lisa. There are lots of cheesecake recipes to choose from on my blog- all of them taste amazing. My latest recipe for a microwave mug cheesecake is worth checking out as well- even I was amazed at how well it cooked in the microwave.
This is delicious, I’ve made a few batches now, just in little containers, no base. I also used sugar free jelly crystals (raspberry) tastes really good.
What a great idea Ian- making it crustless and adding jelly.
Comments are closed.