The Best Keto Vanilla Cupcakes
The Best Keto Vanilla Cupcakes
This recipe for the best keto vanilla cupcakes is so quick and easy to taste. Perfect for any occasion, whether it be to serve at a party, afternoon tea or just to have with a cup of coffee and everyone will love them. Not only are these cupcakes low carb but they are also sugar free, gluten free and because they have minimal impact on blood sugar levels, diabetics can enjoy them.
Simple to make and reasonably healthy, these delicious cupcakes will keep fresh for about 3 days but they also freeze perfectly. This makes them ideal to grab for a snack on the run. I find that having treats like this on hand is a great way to stop being tempted by the wrong foods.
The Best Keto Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe Video
Check out the video below to see how easy it is to make this delicious recipe for The Best Keto Vanilla Cupcakes. Be sure to sign up to Karen’s Keto Kitchen to make sure you don’t miss out on any new videos or recipes.
Frosting/Icing Options and serving ideas
You can simply enjoy these cupcakes on their own or choose from a selection of frosting/icing options. While the cupcakes featured have been frosted with a vanilla buttercream, you can also top them with a simple ganache topping or this delicious recipe for Low Carb Cream Cheese icing. The ganache frosting and the vanilla buttercream frosting feature in the recipe below. Chocolate buttercream frosting will also go well with these cupcakes. Check out the recipe for the chocolate buttercream frosting as it’s included in this Chocolate Cupcake recipe
Simple Variations For The Best Keto Vanilla Cupcakes
Try adding 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips for choc chip cupcakes. Adding 1/2 cup of frozen or fresh raspberries to the batter just before baking is another delicious variation. To keep these paleo, you can switch the butter for the same amount of a mild tasting EVOO- extra virgin olive oil. You cannot taste the olive oil at all and this is probably my preferred fat option to use in these delicious cup cakes.
Prevent Your Cupcakes From Sticking
Recipes with coconut flour in them can be prone to sticking. To be on the safe side, lightly spray any pans that you use, including paper patty pans with coconut oil or light flavored EVOO (extra virgin olive oil.) The cupcakes featured were baked in cardboard patty pans and there was no issue with sticking so there’s probably no need to spray them.
More Fabulous Cupcake Recipes
If you are looking for some other delicious low carb cup cake recipes, make sure you check these recipes out on this blog. For a decadent but healthy dark chocolate muffin, you may want to whip up a batch of these delicious Low Carb Dark Chocolate Zucchini Muffins. For a lovely blueberry muffin, you simply cannot go past this delicious recipe for Sugar Free Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins.
If you love the taste of raspberries and macadamias, then you may want to try these Low Carb Raspberry Macadamia Muffins. There’s also a wonderful recipe for Sugar Free Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins which are always a crowd favorite. Last but certainly not least is the sister to this recipe, for Keto Chocolate Cupcakes.
So many wonderful choices,all of them gluten free and ideal for keto and low carb.
I hope you enjoy this recipe.
- 3 large eggs
- 100 mls coconut cream
- 100 gms butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons stevia blend /monk fruit blend. I love to use this one!
- 165 gms /1 ½ cups blanched almond meal/almond flour
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1½ teaspoons psyllium husk powder - see notes about using psyllium
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl until light and frothy with electric beaters. Beat in the melted butter, coconut cream and vanilla extract, continuing to mix until well combined.
- Mix all of dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, ensuring they are really well combined, especially the baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and using the hand mixer, mix until well combined.
- Spoon into cupcake pans/prepared cupcake trays and smooth off the tops.
- Bake for 18-23 minutes or until centres are cooked through at 160 C/320 F Fan Forced. Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting/icing.
Optional Vanilla Buttercream Recipe
- Beat 100 gms/3.5 oz butter for about 2-3 minutes, until light and creamy.
- Add 150 gms/5.3 oz powdered confectioners sweetener or icing mixture such as Xylitol and continue to beat until mixture is smooth and creamy, for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and continue to beat until smooth and creamy. You have the option to add 1-2 tablespoons heavy/pure cream to thin the buttercream down at this stage. Continue to beat the buttercream for another minute.
- Use either a knife or a piping bag to frost/ice your cupcakes. Mixture is suitable to freeze if you have excess. It is recommended to eat these cupcakes fresh but cupcakes can be frozen.
Optional Ganache Recipe
- Bring 75 gms/2.6 oz heavy/pure cream just to the boil (on stove top or in microwave), taking care not to boil or the ganache will split. Remove from heat and stir in 50 gms/1.8 oz of dark chocolate (85% couveture). It will gradually melt into the cream. Stir until well blended.
- Allow to thicken to desired consistency, or thicken by placing in the fridge. Spread or drizzle onto cool cupcakes. Cupcakes can be stored for up to 3 day and can also be frozen.