90 Second Low Carb Seed Bread
90 Second Low Carb Seed Bread
I’ve been on a quest recently to try to find the best recipe for a 90 second low carb seed bread. I was hoping to find a great recipe online but no recipe lived up to my expectations. This quest actually began with the purchase of some delicious ham off the bone that was just begging to be used in a toasted ham and cheese sandwich. If you are wondering what 90 second bread is, basically it’s a general name for a quick and easy bread that is made in the microwave and cooked for about 90 seconds.
I generally use this recipe for the 90 second Low Carb English Muffin from the blog for a quick and easy bread or muffin option. My aim with this new recipe was to create an amazing tasting seed bread. Needless to say I have eaten many variations of 90 second seed bread this week, and I’m ecstatic to be able to introduce this fantastic end result recipe. 90 Second Low Carb Seed Loaf has taken a lot of development and it had to meet a certain criteria, as I really wanted this to be a kind of “super food” bread recipe.
90 Second Low Carb Seed Bread Criteria
The criteria for this recipe was-
1. It had to taste great
2. It had to be quick and easy to make
3. It had to be healthy and full of fibre plus provide many wonderful nutrients such as calcium, protein, omega -3 fatty acids, magnesium, zinc and so much more. The recipe actually provides you with the RDI of calcium.
4. It had to be made with healthy fats
5. It had to be nut free
The great news is that the final recipe met all of this criteria….. and more. It is probably one of the softer, more bread like 90 second recipes that I have ever eaten.. It also tastes like a seed or grain bread, which is the perfect outcome.
Traditional Oven Instructions
Although this is meant to be an instant recipe, there has been requests for conventional oven cooking instructions for those of you without a microwave. Make the recipe as instructed but when you pour the mixture into a pan, make it an oven proof baking pan. Make sure you grease the pan well with oil or butter and place a piece of baking paper on the bottom of the pan. It will potentially stick otherwise. Bake at 375 C/ 190 F for 10- 14 minutes or until cooked through. You will be grateful for the baking paper when you remove it from the pan.
Although you can eat this as it comes from the microwave, 90 second bread does fare better when it’s toasted. It is also meant to be an instant recipe that you make and use. Although you can store them in the fridge for a few days, I only do this if I have left overs. My preference is to eat these when they are fresh, or as close to fresh as possible. Try it toasted, topped with butter and your favourite topping such as Raspberry Chia Jam Spread or Sugar Free Strawberry Chia Jam Spread, vegemite, peanut butter, or simply your favourite low carb topping.
The options for serving it really are endless but here are some other fantastic ideas-
Eggs on toast
Avocado on toast
Avocado and vegemite
Ham and cheese toasty
Vegemite and cheese toasty
Fetta and tomato on toast drizzled with olive oil with lots of cracked black pepper
Smoked salmon, cream cheese and capers
Toasted tuna and mayonnaise sandwich
BLT- bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich
Use as a burger bun
Perfect for a plough mans platter
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds/linseed whole
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon EVOO- extra virgin olive oil
- A dash of ACV- apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until really well combined.
- Pour into a microwave container that is about 10 cm / 4 inches wide. Smooth out the top and bang the container on the bench a couple of times to remove any air bubbles.
- Microwave for 90 seconds and turn out of the ramekin.
- Your bread is ready to use.