Creamy Sweet Potato Bake
Creamy Sweet Potato Bake
If you want to cook some really simple but delicious side vegetable dishes for dinner that take up minimal time and effort, then this recipe for a Creamy Sweet Potato Bake could be perfect for you. You do need to allow the time to bake it, but putting it all together doesn’t take long to do at all. Bake it for about 50 minutes, and you are going to have a dish that everyone is going to love. Sweet potato, cream and cheese..what’s not to love about that!!! Some of you who are strict with carbs might want to avoid this dish as 1 small serve has a total of about 19 net carbs. If you can make it fit in with your macros, then all is good, if not, this is still a great dish to make for the carb lovers in your house. I also love the fact that there is no need to rely on a soup packet to create the flavors in this dish.
To create this great tasting Creamy Sweet Potato Bake, simply arrange sliced sweet potato in a heatproof baking dish. Mix the cream base and pour it over each of the layers, finishing with a layer of cream and adding some cheese to melt on top. Simple and delicious. I don’t bother peeling the sweet potato either (more fibre) but wash it and cut off any undesirables. You can peel them if you want to though. Not a lot of effort required for such a lovely dish. Note that if you don’t have some of the seasonings to add to the cream, I have also been known to use Vegeta powder, and sprinkle a little on the layers, or add it to the cream in their place. Just watch how much you use if you do this, as it can be quite salty.
If you are after some more simple to make but delicious sides that are also perfect for a simple dinner at home but also perfectly suited for entertaining, check out some of these other fabulous recipes. Again, the aim is to keep the recipes simple but without any compromise on flavor.
- some Moroccan inspired dishes such as Oven roasted Pumpkin, Oven Roasted Beans with Harissa and Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Onion or Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic
- Low Carb Buttered Cabbage with Bacon and Creamy Buttered Cabbage
- Cauliflower with Cheese sauce – recipe is coming
- Broccoli with Cheese Sauce
- Oven Roasted Beans with Parmesan
Hopefully these recipes will make life easier for you. Don’t forget to share your recipes on social media if you get around to making something from this blog. It’s pretty inspiring to know that you are making what I share and inspires me to create more recipes.
- 800 gms /28 oz sweet potato sliced thinly.
- 1 cup whipping cream/cream
- 2 teaspoons onion powder or onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chives/parsley dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- Mix all of the condiments with the cream and stir well. Add 1/4 cup of the cheese to the cream.
- Arrange a layer of sweet potato in the base of an oven proof baking dish. Pour a small amount of cream over the top of the potato.
- Repeat with the layers of sweet potato and the cream, finishing with a layer of cream on top.
- Sprinkle the top layer with the remaining 1/4 cup of grated cheese.
- Bake for approximately 50-60 minutes or until the potato has cooked through.
- Recipe Notes