Low Carb Salmon Patties
Low Carb Salmon Patties
It’s funny how when you initally start eating keto or low carb you can feel so restricted with your food choices. Recipes like these easy to make Low Carb Salmon Patties continually pop up and they make you realise that his way of eating is not difficult. In fact, the food you get to eat can be down right delicious. I always thought that Salmon Patties needed mashed potato to keep them together but they don’t. If you have missed them in your life, you are going to love this recipe.
Check out the recipe video below to see how easy these are to make.
This recipe used tinned salmon and my recommendation is buy the best quality one that you can afford. Red salmon is more expensive than pink, but pink salmon works just as well in this recipe. I used to pick the bones out of tinned salmon until I discovered that they add a great source of calcium to the recipe. If they are broken up and blended in, especially in a recipe like this, you cannot taste them. Make sure you drain your salmon as well or the mixture is going to be too wet.
How To Serve Low Carb Salmon Patties
Serve these delicious patties topped with mayonnaise and a simple salad on the side. You could make the dish more substantial by adding your favorite low carb vegetables on the side along with a some cauliflower mash. Serve them as a bunless burger or in a low carb bun with salad and mayonnaise for a healthy, quick to make lunch option- especially if you are using left over patties.
To jazz up your mayonnaise, add a squeeze of lemon juice to 1/2 cup of mayonnaise along with 1 tablespoon fresh/1 teaspoon of dry dill. This sauce compliments the taste of these patties perfectly.
Feel free to share this recipe to help me get it out into the big wide world. If you find time to make these, I always love to get feedback so let me know what you think.
FIsh Patty Ingredients
- 400 gm tin of salmon of choice- red or pink bones and all (if desired) and drained
- ½ small onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or fresh
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or fresh
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon phyllium husk powder
- 5 tablespoons almond meal/almond flour
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons almond meal/almond flour
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese finely grated
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the salmon into smaller chunks with a fork, ensuring that the bones are broken up and mashed really well.
- Add remaining ingredients to the salmon and stir until well combined. Set mixture aside while you prepare the crumb mix.
- Combine the crumb mix ingredients together on a medium sized dish, ready to crumb the patties.
- Form the patty mixture into 8 patties. Press gently into the crumb mix and ensure each patty is well covered in crumbs.
- Pan fry or shallow fry until golden brown on each side.
- Delicious served topped simply with mayonnaise
- Dill Mayonnaise Variation- add a good squeeze of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of chopped fennel to ½ cup of mayonnaise and stir until combined.