Coconut Pol Sambol
Coconut Pol Sambol
Coconut Pol Sambol, which is actually a Sri Lankan dish, can be made in an instant and served alongside curries, tastes absolutely divine. It is served as an accompaniment with curry and you simply scoop some onto your fork along with your curry as you eat.
I particularly love to eat this with Dahl but it goes equally well with most other Indian dishes and curries. Try this with this fabulous recipe for Low Carb Cauliflower, Brocolli and Sunflower Seed Dahl. These 2 dishes go really well together, and I often eat it without any other dishes as the flavors are amazing. I have been known to cover an entire bowl of dahl with Coconut Pol Sambol, as it’s my favorite way to eat it.
Another lovely curry that would also be great served with this sambol is the delicious and easy to make Low Carb Coconut Fish Curry. If you also want some Naan bread to go with your curry, I highly recommennd making some and home made Low Carb Naan Bread . If you follow the instructions in this recipe, and add some cumin seeds to the Naan bread and pan fry it in oil and butter, it tastes amazing. If you want some low carb rice on the side then you could serve this with Cauliflower Rice and voila… you have an Indian Banquet.
All of these curries are low carb, LCHF and keto friendly but that doesn’t mean there is a compromise on flavor. Carb lovers in your house are going to love these dishes as well. You can simply up the carbs for this dinner by serving this with Basmati rice and pappadams. A simple but great way to keep everyone happy!
I have no doubt that this dish will become one of your favorites. My family love it and there is always a fight for the last bit of Coconut Pol Sambol when this is served.
- 2 cups coconut shredded or dessicated unsweetened
- 1 small onion very finely chopped
- 1-2 teaspoon chilli powder - or to taste
- 1 tablespoon mild paprika
- 3 tablespoons warm coconut milk coconut cream or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice- or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Blend the spices with the shredded coconut and stir until well blended.
- Add the diced onion and mix until well combined.
- Add your choice of warm milk to the coconut mix, and the lemon juice.
- Season with salt.
- Serve at room temperature