Keto Coconut Macaroons
Keto Coconut Macaroons
These delicious Keto Coconut Macaroons are gluten-free, sugar free and low carb. I love that you can make sweets like this that taste so good and are still healthy for you. Do you ever have a craving for a sweet treat but don’t want it laden with sugar? These Keto Coconut Macaroons are the perfect low carb cookies that are really quick and easy to make and taste divine.
For a quick and easy variation, check out the instructions in the recipe for dipping or drizzling your Keto Coconut Macaroons in chocolate.
What makes these Keto Coconut Macaroons so good?
They are really quick and easy to make and are ready in under 30 minutes.
Simple to to make- just measure, mix, bake and enjoy!
These delicious cookies are low carb and are about 1 net carb per serve.
A few simple ingredients- you just need 5 ingredients to make these delicious keto cookies.
They are truly delicious and are packed with healthy sweet coconut flavors.
Switch regular sugar for sweetener in your baking to keep food keto friendly. Any low carb granular/powdered sweetener will work in this recipe and which means minimal impact on blood sugar levels. My favorite sweeteners to use in this recipe are erythritol or monk fruit but feel free to switch for your favorite. Make sure that if your sweetener is more concentrated than about 1:1 that you use less of it. The reason I love to use erythritol or a monkfruit or stevia blend is that it can generally be used cup for cup to replace sugar and adds a little bulk.
More Delicious Keto and Low Carb Cookie Recipes
Make sure you check out some of these other fabulous cookie recipes
White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
Keto Lemon Pistachio Cookies
Keto Cranberry Almond Shortbread
Double Choc Chip Cookies
Low Carb Choc Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3 large egg whites
- 130 grams shredded coconut or desiccated coconut sugar free
- 40 grams almond flour/almond meal
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract sugar free
- 45 grams erythritol I like to use this one
- Preheat your oven to 160 C/325 F
- Beat the egg whites with electric beaters until they form peaks.
- Add the coconut, almond flour/meal and sweetener along with the vanilla extract to egg white mixture and gently fold in with a spatula until ingredients are thoroughly mixed in.
- Using a tablespoon measure as a mold, scoop out a tablespoonfuls of mixture and smooth off lightly compressing just a little, before turning out onto tray lined with baking paper. Mixture will make between 20-25 cookies, depending on the size of your tablespoon.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until a light golden brown all over. You may need to turn your tray around halfway through cooking to even the browning out. Allow cookies to cool on the baking tray before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks- if they last that long.
- For a chocolate dipped version, melt about 40 gms/1.5 oz of dark chocolate. Dip the base of your cooled macaroons into the chocolate (or drizzle on top) and leave a a clean piece of quality baking paper to set.