Low Carb Creamy Spinach Dip
Low Carb Creamy Spinach Dip
Low Carb Creamy Spinach Dip recipe is a delicious, creamy, cheesy dip that uses simple ingredients and is really easy to make. This is the perfect dip for entertaining and parties. It is equally at home as a healthy snack or dip to help keep you on the straight and narrow. It’s made from all healthy natural ingredients but is low in carbs and free from sugar and preservatives.
This dip is perfect for anyone following a low carb, keto or lchf way of eating. It tastes great served with low carb freshly cut vegetable crudites like celery, red or green peppers and sliced cucumber. My favorite way to eat it is with some home made low carb crackers. Make sure you check out these recipes Low Carb Seed Crackers, or Low Carb Almond Seed Crackers. It’s also lovely used as a sauce on grilled chicken for a really simple main meal idea. Serve it simply with some low carb vegetables for a tasty but nutritious meal.
Make Your Own Mayonnaise
I like to make my own mayonnaise to use in this recipe. Simply follow this recipe for Low Carb Sugar Free mayonnaise. You will have some fresh, no fail, delicious tasting mayonnaise in just a few minutes. Basically all that you need is a stick blender, an egg, some light tasting EVOO- extra virgin olive oil, and some seasonings such as Dijon mustard, lemon juice or vinegar, and salt and pepper. Make sure you use a really light tasting oil in this recipe to avoid too much oil flavor.
If you like the sound of this dip you might be interested in this recipe for Spinach and Artichoke Dip or this delicious recipe for Low Carb Artichoke Dip. As with this Low Carb Cream Spinach Dip recipe, these other dip recipes are all low carb, sugar free recipes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe.
- 200 gms /7 oz fresh spinach/or 200-250 gms /6-7 oz frozen spinach with water squeezed out
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil- EVOO
- 1 teaspoon tspn minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 100 gms /3.5 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded tasty cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the fresh spinach off in a tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat until soft and wilted, taking care not to brown. Add the garlic and continue cooking for a few minutes without browning. Allow the spinach to cool slightly. If using frozen spinach there is no need to cook the spinach and you can simply blend the spinach and garlic straight away with the other ingredients as per instructions below .
- Combine the spinach, mayonnaise, cream cheese and sour cream in a food processor and blitz till creamy and well blended. Alternatively blitz the mayonnaise, cream cheese and sour cream first and fold through hand chopped spinach for a more textured dip.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Fold though the Parmesan and tasty cheese. Heat in a moderate oven or in the microwave until dip is heated through and cheese has melted.
- You can serve this cold but make sure all of the cheese has been blended through by heating it up initially.
- Serving Suggestions
- Serve with your favorite low carb crackers or vegetable crudites.
- Carb this recipe up by serving it in a cobb loaf, and heating it up in the loaf in a moderate oven till heated through and cheese has melted. Use the discarded bread to scoop into the dip.