Artichoke Dip Recipe
Artichoke Dip Recipe
Artichoke Dip Recipe
This hot cheesy dip is perfect for any type of social gathering and has featured at many parties thrown at my house. It’s a delicious blend of artichoke, a little garlic and grated cheese plus some mayonnaise or olive oil, and it tastes absolutely amazing and is so easy to make
I am one of those people who always has a stocked cupboard filled with food. There are a number of reasons for this, mainly that I hate going to the supermarket so I stock up when I can. Secondly, I find it hard to pass up a bargain when my favorite foods are on special and finally because I hate to not have any thing at hand to serve any family or friends who might drop in to visit. My daughter and her friends actually call me a Doomsday Prepper. They are probably correct as I think we would survive for years if ever there was a zombie invasion. Artichoke hearts is one item that I always have in my cupboard, so this dip is something that I can whip up quickly should you ever turn up on my doorstep.
I have given you quite a few variations on how to make this dip so that hopefully you too can whip up a miracle with what products you have at hand. I have created the published recipe with mayonnaise because I always have it in the fridge but you could make it replacing the mayonnaise with olive oil, tahini, sour cream or cream cheese. This also means that this dip can be made egg free for anyone with a sensitivity to eggs.
If you want to try making your own mayonnaise, try this really easy recipe for The Good Fat Mayonnaise. It’s fail proof and takes literally minutes to make and isn’t made with unhealthy oils, added sugars and preservatives. Once you start making this you will never buy mayonnaise again.
How To Serve Low Carb Artichoke Dip
For some great low carb serving options, check out these recipes for a lovely low carb Cauliflower Flat Bread, and there are quite a few cracker recipes that go really well with this dip, including Low Carb Seed Crackers, the delicious Low Carb Almond Seed Crackers and there is also a lovely recipe for Almond Cheese Crackers.
Smooth or Chunky
You can make this dip either smooth or chunky. I like it smoother as I am a bit lazy and find it easy to just blitz it all in a food processor but if you want to hand chop the artichoke it works out just as well. That is one of the things I love about this, aside from the taste; that it takes no time at all to make. Are you seeing a theme with many of my recipes…..if there is a shortcut to creating a recipe, I will find it. So here it is, a quick and easy dip that tastes absolutely amazing and is healthy.
More Delicious Low Carb Dip Options
For a couple of other low carb dips that are perfect for any occasion, check out these recipes for <a href=”http://chile con queso”>Low Carb Chile Con Queso</a>, the simple to make but delicious Low Carb Creamy Avocado Dip and this delicious <a href=”https://ketohh.com/moroccan-pumpkin-kabochcha/”>Moroccan Pumpkin Dip</a>.
- 400 gms /14 oz tin artichoke hearts
- 100 gms /3.5 oz cheese grated Parmesan/tasty/cheddar
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or extra virgin olive oil for egg free version
- Salt to taste
- Drain the artichokes and blitz with garlic, lemon juice and mayonnaise or olive oil in a processor (or chop by hand) until blended.
- Fold the cheese through and spoon the dip into a heat proof or oven proof serving bowl.
- Either microwave until the cheese has melted and dip is heated through or bake in the oven at 170 C (340 F) for approximately 20 mins or until heated through and slightly brown on top.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of pickled Jalapeno's. Drain the vinegar off really well so the dip isn't too acidic. Do not use lemon juice as well as pickled jalapeno's because of this.
- Add herbs such as chives or spring onions
- Alternatives to using EVOO or mayonnaise-use cream cheese, sour cream or tahini.
- Serve with vegetable crudités, low carb seed crackers or low carb bread.
- Use to smear on a low carb (or flour based) pizza base as a replacement for whole artichokes on a delicious Capricciosa Pizza.
Carb Lover Options
- Delicious with fresh sourdough bread, corn chips or as part of an appetizer platter.
- Serve in a scooped out cobb loaf and heat in oven until the cheese has melted and the dip is heated through.