Cauliflower Tabouleh tastes like an authentic tabouleh but it is doesn’t have the carbs of the original recipe. Tomato, parsley, mint, garlic and lemon juice bring a freshness to this dish, that makes it a lovely side dish that will go with many meals.
Serve it with some grilled meat, chicken or fish, along with a low carb wrap such as this Healthy Low Carb Wrap Recipe, and you have a simple to make, great tasting meal. There’s also a lovely tasting Lamb Kofta that goes brilliantly with this recipe.
Not being a fan of over cooked cauliflower rice, I prefer to have mine slightly under cooked for this Cauliflower Tabouleh, to add a little more crunch. My preference is to steam the rice in the microwave only for about 1 1/2 minutes. If you prefer to cook your for longer, I would microwave it for up to 3 minutes maximum. An alternative to using the microwave for cooking, is to steam or boil the cauliflower instead. Once again, cook it to your own taste.
Using fresh herbs in this lovely recipe is why this recipe tastes so brilliant, so use them if you can. If you struggle to find the fresh herbs but have dried herbs on hand, you could use them instead. I would only use a couple of tablespoons of dried herbs though, as they are more concentrated.
More Delicious Low Carb Salads
If you are looking for more fantastic tasting low carb salad options, make sure you check out these recipes. All of these recipe would go well as a side dish to go with meat, fish or chicken and a couple of these recipes are substantial enough to serve as a main dish.
- 1 head cauliflower riced
- 3/4 cup parsley finely chopped
- 3/4 cup mint finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons EVOO- extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Microwave the cauliflower rice for 90 seconds, or to taste. You can also boil or steam it if preferred. Allow to cool before adding to the salad.
- Gently toss all of the other ingredients through the cooled cauliflower. Add the dressing ingredients and fold through till salad is well coated.
- Store for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.