This delicious recipe for Lamb Kofta is low in carbs and gluten free so is the perfect recipe for anyone trying to cut back on the carbs in their life. These are really easy to make and you can serve them simply with some Garlic Yoghurt Sauce and salad or vegetables, and you have a lovely meal. You could also try serving these in wraps as well. If you can’t buy a wrap that is low in carbs, there are 3 recipes featured that are all low in carbs and would be absolutely perfect to serve the Lamb Kofta in.
It’s A Wrap
There’s a brilliant recipe for Easy Flat Bread Wrap that is both nut and egg free, so would be perfect for anyone with intolerances to any of those foods. It’s a bit like a wholemeal, grainy wrap that you would buy from the supermarket. There’s also a lovely recipe for a soft white tortilla, that is really neutral in taste and would be perfect served with Lamb Kofta, Low Carb Gluten Free Tortilla. Another recipe that would go perfect with this recipe is for Low Carb Healthy Flat Bread Wraps, which are a little similar to the nut and egg free version above, except they contain nuts and eggs, and are also more like a wholemeal, grainy flat bread in taste and texture. Argghh…choices. Trust me, it’s not that hard a decision to make though, as all of the recipes taste brilliant.
This recipe for Lamb Koftas can be served in so many ways. You could serve them with a side of cauliflower mash or cauliflower rice and some simple steamed vegetables. It would also be lovely served with some Cauliflower Cous Cous as well.
Make sure you check out the recipe for Cauliflower Taboulleh that is about to be posted, as it is delicious as well, served with these Lamb Koftas. You could also serve these for appetizers if you made them smaller. They would be absolutely perfect with toothpicks inserted, so that you can dip them into the Garlic Yogurt Sauce.
- 500 gms minced/ ground lamb
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes or chili powder or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
Garlic Yoghurt Sauce
- 1 cup Greek yogurt sugar free
- 1 small cucumber grated skin and all
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon mint chopped
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients together to make the meat balls. Form into long finger length koftas or small meat balls. Slide onto a skewer if desired.
- Pan fry the lamb meatballs in a dash of oil until cooked through.
- Mix all of the ingredients together to make the Garlic Yogurt Sauce and serve over the top of the Lamb Koftas.
- Serve in a wrap with salad.
- Serve as a main meal with cauliflower rice or Cauliflower Cous Cous on the side. Cauliflower Taboulleh also goes really well with Lamb Koftas.
- Make into small meatballs and serve as an appetizer with the Garlic Yogurt Sauce.