Low Carb Caesar Salad
Low Carb Caesar Salad
Low Carb Caesar Salad is an easy and delicious meal that will fill you up on lots of healthy fats and protein. Quick and easy to make, it’s a great meal to vary to suit your tastes. Simply omit any foods that you don’t like or don’t have, and add what you want to your salad. Simple switches include using only mayonnaise as a dressing, using a regular grated cheese instead of Parmesan, and adding fish or chicken to the recipe. Up the amounts of bacon if you love bacon, and leave the anchovies out if they just aren’t your thing.
Switch the poached eggs for boiled eggs for a simple variation. Feel free to switch the cos lettuce for regular lettuce, mixed leaves or spinach as well. One of my favorite ways to serve this is by adding a shredded BBQ chicken to up the protein, and make it a bit more substantial. Occasionally I serve this dish with 2 eggs instead of adding meat, for a meat free version.
Make Your Own Mayonnaise
Have you ever tried making your own mayonnaise? Now might be the time to check out this really simple to make recipe. Once you have the ingredients out, it will take less than one minute to make. Be sure to check out the recipe for The Good Fat Mayonnaise, if you’re keen.
Check the ingredients list on any jars of mayonnaise you buy and try to get one that is low in sugar. Make sure you also check that that it doesn’t contain any seed oils, such as canola, safflower, sunflower or grape seed oil. Seed oils can be unstable and are generally overly processed and have possibly been bleached and deodarized. Being unstable means that they can actually cause free radicals in the body, so watch your intake of them. Try to buy a mayonnaise that is made from avocado oil or olive oil if you can.
Delicious Low Carb Salad Recipes
Looking for some other delicious salads that are a bit more substantial, you might want to look at these other recipes. Alternatively, you could also just do a search for salads in the search bar.
Low Carb Asian Slaw with Chicken
Asian Slaw with Konjac Noodle Salad
Asian Beef Zoodle Salad
Low Carb Mexican Salad Bowl
Low Carb Cauliflower Potato Salad
Low Carb Lamb, Haloumi and Roasted Pumpkin Salad
I hope you enjoy this!
- 1 small cos lettuce washed and torn
- 2 large eggs poached to your taste
- 4 rashers bacon pan fried and diced
- 2 tablespoons grated/shaved Parmesan cheese
- 4 anchovies finely chopped optional
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- squeeze lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 small anchovie finely minced optional
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients together till well combined.
- Place the cos lettuce into a large bowl and dress with Caesar Dressing, tossing so well combined. Add the sliced bacon, grated Parmesan cheese and anchovies and mix till combined.
- Divide into 2 serving bowls. Top with the poached egg and serve.