Cauliflower Potato Salad
Cauliflower Potato Salad
This is such a delicious recipe for Cauliflower Potato Salad, minus the potato of course to keep it low carb. You are definitely not going to miss the potato in this dish. It’s just bursting with flavor and actually tastes like a potato salad. The recipe is a bit of a combination of a Dutch and German potato salad, and you are going to love the creamy sour cream and mayonnaise dressing that brings it all together. Cauliflower florets, boiled eggs, crispy bacon and pickled cucumbers or gherkins combine to make this salad, that is always a crowd favorite. It’s substantial enough to serve as a meal as well, including breakfast.
Simply steam or boil your cauliflower florets until they are just tender, or to your liking. I personally prefer a bit of crunch to the cauliflower in this recipe. Plunge them straight in to cold water to freshen them up once you have finished cooking them, ready to make your Cauliflower Potato Salad.
Boiling your Eggs
A hint for the hard boiled eggs is to drop them into boiling water and boil for 14 minutes. Once they have boiled, plunge them into cold water to cool down quickly. Put them in the fridge to cool down before peeling them. It makes them so much easier to peel.
Home made Mayonnaise in less than 1 Minute
I make my own Good Fat Mayonnaise with a stick blender and it takes less than a minute to make. If you haven’t tried this fail safe recipe yet, give it a try. Just make sure you use a bland extra virgin olive oil (EVOO.) My favorite olive oil to use for this recipe in Australia is the Cobram Estate Light EVOO, which means light in flavor, not in fat.
If you buy mayonnaise to use in this recipe, just make sure you read the label and try to avoid buying one that has a lot of sugar added. Also try to avoid any that use any processed oils such as canola, vegetable oil, safflower or sunflower oil. I really do recommend trying to make your own. You are going to be surprised at how simple it is to make.
Don’t forget to check out some of the other wonderful salads that are on this website. There are some fantastic, simple to make recipes, such as a Moroccan Chicken Salad and a couple of various Asian salads. A couple of new salads that are delicious include Oven Roasted Pumpkin Haloumi Salad and a lovely Pumpkin Bean and Feta Salad. Just do a search for salad in the search bar as there are a lot to choose from on this site.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Please share your efforts on Pinterest, Insta or Facebook and tag them with #ketohh, so that I get to see your efforts.Kxx
- 1/2 cauliflower (large) cut into florets and steamed or boiled till just tender
- 4 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 100 gms /3.5 oz bacon pieces crispy fried
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pickled cucumber/gherkin thinly sliced sugar free if possible
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard seeded or plain
- 1 teaspoon parsley chopped fresh or dried
- 1 teaspoon dill chopped fresh or dried
- 1 tablespoon vinegar apple cider or normal
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar and herbs and mix till combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cauliflower, spring onions, bacon pieces and eggs to a medium serving bowl.
- Add the dressing and gently toss through the salad taking care not to over mix.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.