Low Carb Oven Fried Chicken
Low Carb Oven Fried Chicken
Low Carb Oven Fried Chicken is also know as copy cat KFC or Keto Fried Chicken. There’s no denying that this KFC is as finger licking good as the original. The last time I ate fried chicken was a long time ago, and I can’t say that I even enjoyed eating it. Deep fried foods just don’t go down very well for me. Because this chicken hasn’t been deep fried, I find that I aren’t left with a claggy sensation that can sometimes follow, when eating fried food.
The thing that I love most about Low Carb Oven Fried Chicken, is the fact that it is made from real, healthy food. It doesn’t contain any additives or preservatives and its been cooked with healthy fats.
Whats Your favorite Part Of A Chicken?
Just wait until you taste this dish, as you might find that the flavors in the seasoning are a little reminiscent of KFC. Obviously a low carb version is not going to be exactly the same, but this recipe tastes great. The other bonus to this recipe is that you can use the part of the chicken that you like best. Chicken tenderloins, drumsticks, breast fillets and thigh fillets, all cook up beautifully with this recipe. You may have to extend cooking times if there are bones, but all parts cook up perfectly in a hot oven.
How To Serve Low Carb Oven Fried Chicken
Personally, I love to eat this dipped simply in Mayonnaise or Sugar Free Ranch Dressing, and eat it fresh straight from the oven. Try serving it with fresh Cole Slaw, Cauliflower Mash or this wonderful Low Carb Cauliflower Potato Salad. There is also a Mexican Slaw recipe that would go well with Low Carb Oven Fried Chicken. Keep it simple by adding a fresh salad or vegetables on the side. If you wanted a healthier version of fries, you could also serve this with some sweet potato fries. These amazing Low Carb Cheese and Chive Muffins would also be great to serve, but switch out the chives for Jalapeno’s.
Carb It Up
Simply carb this dish up by serving it with sides such as corn on the cob and/or mashed potato. Of course, many love to eat fried chicken with fries on the side as well, which you could be baking as you cook this dish. You can cater for many different tastes, which makes this recipe perfect for households with varied food requirements.
More Delicious Oven Roasted Chicken Dishes
Love the sound of this recipe and looking for a few more lovely oven baked chicken recipes? Make sure you check out these other recipes. There’s Oven Baked Chicken Parmigiana and the lovely Low Carb Creamy Chicken Spinach Bake. There are also a couple of great tasting Chicken wing recipes. If you haven’t tried them, check out these Crispy BBQ Chicken Wings and Sugar Free Vietnamese Chicken Wings. Both are both fabulous recipes that I’m sure you will love.
- 600 gms boneless chicken thigh fillets Breast , drumstick, chicken pieces are ideal as well.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- Olive oil spray or oil of choice
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/ 400 F fan forced. Prepare a large oven tray by lining with a piece of baking paper and spraying with olive oil spray. Beat the egg with the mayonnaise in a medium sized bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the chicken into desired shape, ie strips, in half or in thirds, or leave whole, and add to the bowl with the mayonnaise and egg. Mix till well combined.
- Mix all of the spice mix together in a medium sized bowl.
- Using a fork, remove the chicken one piece at a time, allowing to drain slightly before placing in the spice mix. Use a spoon to tip spice mix on top of the chicken and press the crumb in slightly with your hands all around. This stops the mix getting clumpy and is the neatest way to crumb chicken.
- Place the crumbed chicken onto the baking tray, ensuring there is a gap between each piece. Continue crumbing all of the chicken.
- Spray the tops of the chicken pieces with olive oil spray. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes before turning the chicken. Spray the top side of the chicken with additional olive oil and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. This ensures even crispy cooking.
- Note that smaller pieces of chicken tenderloins can be ready in as little as 20-25 minutes. Chicken with bones in can take up to 40-50 minutes to cook. Don't turn any chicken with bones in it until it has baked for about 25 minutes.