Keto Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes
Keto Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes
These delicious keto blueberry ricotta pancakes are quick and easy to make and taste absolutely amazing. The ricotta cheese adds wonderful creaminess and there are subtle hints of lemon and vanilla, that goes wonderfully with the ricotta. The whole family are going to absolutely love this healthy recipe.
I’ve tried to keep this recipe with both coconut flour and almond flour so if you want a nut free version this will suit you. Both flours work a treat. Whip up a batch of these pancakes and they will be on your families wish list every morning…sorry!!!
HOW TO MAKE KETO BLUEBERRY RICOTTA PANCAKES
These are so quick and easy to make and require a few simple ingredients. You’ll also need eggs, lemon zest, almond milk (or milk of choice), full fat ricotta cheese, baking powder and vanilla extract and either almond or coconut flour. When adding the blueberries you can mix them into the batter or just poke them in once you’ve poured the batter into the pan. Mixing them in before hand will make your batter colour slightly.
When cooking your pancakes make sure they have cooked adequately prior to your your first flip or they may fall apart, so wait for about 3 minutes. Also make sure you have the right temperature- too low and they will be pale and not hold together properly and too high and they will burn.
HOW TO SERVE KETO BLUEBERRY RICOTTA PANCAKES
While these taste amazing straight from the pan, you can also serve them simply with a dob of butter. If you have any sugar free pancake/maple syrup, it tastes fab drizzled on top. I also love to add a dollop of cream to my maple syrup pancakes. Keto Ricotta Pancakes also taste fabulous served topped with whipped cream and more fresh berries!
MORE DELICIOUS KETO BREAKFAST IDEAS
If you are looking for some more delicious recipes that would be suitable for breakfast, make sure you check out these recipes. They are all low carb, gluten free and sugar free and are perfect for anyone watching their carb or sugar intake.
- 4 large eggs
- 200 grams ricotta cheese full fat
- 60 mls almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 200 grams almond flour/almond meal or 45 grams coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons erythritol , a smidge of monkfruit concentrate or alternative sweetener
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch salt
- Butter for pan frying
- ¾ cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Place the ricotta, almond milk, eggs and vanilla extract in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients minus the blueberries and stir until well combined. Finally gently fold through the blueberries. You can poke the blueberries into the poured batter to prevent staining the batter blue/purple if preferred.
- Heat a non stick frying pan on medium heat until pan is hot and add a dob of butter to cover the base.
- Pour the batter onto the frying pan-I use about 2-3 tablespoons per pancake as smaller ones are easier to handle. Smooth the batter out slightly if it sits too high and allow to cook fully on one side for about 3 minutes before flipping. Flip the pancakes over and brown on the other side for another 3 minutes or until cooked through- adding more butter if required.
- To cook another batch add more butter to the pan before cooking adding the batter.
- Serve pancakes immediately.