Low Carb Chicken Larb Gai
Low Carb Chicken Larb Gai
Delicious Low Carb Chicken Larb Gai is a quick and easy meal perfect for lunch or dinner. Enjoy it hot straight from the pan or serve it cold. This is a simple to make low carb recipe that the whole family will love. It’s also great to take any leftovers to work for a healthy lunch option.
One of my favorite ways to serve this is over a salad bowl. Top up a bowl with salad greens, tomato, cucumber, peppers/capsicum, etc and add the flavoured chicken mixture. Mix to combine and top with chopped peanuts. It tastes absolutely divine and makes this dish go a long way.
While Larb Gai traditionally uses roasted ground rice as a topping, it has been omitted from this recipe to keep it low carb. My favorite alternative topping is chopped roasted peanuts but you could also use toasted sesame seeds.
Gai in Thai means chicken, which is why this recipe has the name Larb Gai. This recipe also tastes fabulous made with pork mince. Follow the recipe exactly as it is and simply swap the chicken for pork.
More Delicious Low Carb Salad Recipes
If you are looking for some other delicious salads that are a bit more substantial, you might want to check out these other recipes. There are many other fabulous recipes on the blog, so do a search for salads to find them all.
Asian Slaw with Chicken
Delicious Low Carb Caesar Salad
Asian Slaw with Konjac Noodle Salad
Asian Beef Zoodle Salad
Low Carb Mexican Salad Bowl
Keto Cauliflower Potato Salad
Low Carb Lamb, Haloumi and Roasted Pumpkin Salad
Enjoy and don’t forget to leave feed back on the recipe if you find the time to make Low Carb Chicken Larb Gai.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 500 grams ground/minced chicken
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoons ginger minced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced can be switched shallot or spring onion
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon grass ground to a paste
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 small red chili finely chopped or to taste
- ½ cup mint leaves finely chopped
- ½ cup coriander/cilantro finely chopped
- ½ cup basil leaves chopped optional
- 12 lettuce leaves to serve
- Chopped red chili to serve
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds lightly toasted optional for topping
- 2 tablespoons unsalted peanuts chopped optional for topping
- 1-2 teaspoons monk fruit blend or to taste
- Place a large frying pan over medium heat and toast the sesame seeds or the chopped peanuts until lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Reheat the pan on a high heat. Add the oil and when hot, add the ground/minced chicken and the garlic and fry until cooked through. Make sure the chicken doesn't brown or clump up.
- Add the fish sauce, lemongrass, and ginger. Stir through and cook for another minute before removing from heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly before adding the lime juice, red onion (or spring onion), chili, mint, basil if using and coriander/cilantro. Stir until combined.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the lettuce leaves and top with either roasted peanuts or sesame seeds and additional chopped fresh chili if desired.