Low Carb Coconut Blueberry Porridge
Low Carb Coconut Blueberry Porridge
Waking up to a bowl of low carb coconut blueberry porridge is a fantastic way to start the day. I missed eating porridge when I started keto so was so excited when I came up with this delicious, healthy low carb recipe. While Low Carb Coconut Blueberry porridge is not made from oats, it does a fantastic job recreating the traditional recipe. Served warm and topped with cream, this delicious dish really is a fabulous breakfast!
LOW CARB BREAKFAST OPTIONS
This recipe adds to my original recipe for Low Carb No Oat Meal Porridge and rounds off my selection of breakfast recipes perfectly. The thing I love most about this recipe is that it’s simple to make and takes just minutes to prepare. Make sure you also check out these more recent breakfast recipes as well-
WHAT CAN I EAT FOR BREAKFAST?
One question that I am asked a lot is “what can I eat for breakfast?” as if it is a difficult thing to do when reducing carbs. If you look under breakfast recipes, there are so many healthy low carb choices on my blog.
Recipes such as Low Carb Muesli, a more traditional Sugar Free Granola, Scrambled Eggs with Cheese and Spinach and Low Carb Pancakes are fabulous breakfast recipes. You should also have a look at Sugar Free Blueberry Smoothie , Low Carb Raspberry Protein Smoothie, Sweet and Savory Muffins, Raspberry Yoghurt Chia Pudding, and a delicious Chai Chia Pudding as well.
There are so many options!!! While I haven’t made a video for this recipe, I’ve also attached the video for Low Carb Keto No Oat Meal Porridge for some inspiration. The method is very similar to this recipe.
LOW CARB COCONUT BLUEBERRY PORRIDGE
This recipe is truly a super food healthy choice for breakfast that also tastes great. All of the ingredients used have some form of amazing nutritional qualities to bring to the table. I intentionally added foods high in fibre, omega-3, calcium, protein, magnesium and potassium as they are perfect for a low carb diet.
The nutritional value of this dish makes it ideal for anyone following a paleo, vegan or vegetarian diet. It is also perfect if you are looking for a nutritional boost and additional fibre as well. It is also gluten free as are all recipes that I produce and that feature on this blog.
For all of the other recipes suitable for breakfast on the blog as mentioned above, just click on this link for ideas www.ketohh.com/category/breakfast/.
- ½ cup almond meal or almond flour
- ½ cup coconut desiccated unsweetened hint-process with chia seeds for a smoother porridge
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts optional if you can source them
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds ground
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 teaspoons monkfruit blend Sweet Leaf liquid drops or alternative sweetener to taste
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- 2 cups coconut milk or milk of choice
- ½ cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- Combine all ingredients in a large breakfast bowl or a small saucepan
- To cook immediately in microwave, cover bowl with cling wrap and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the porridge thickens sufficiently.
- To cook on the stove top, cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until the porridge thickens sufficiently.
- If your porridge is too thick, thin it down with additional liquid of choice or water, or serve it up and top it with additional nutmilk/coconut milk or cream.
- If you soak your porridge over night it will take less time to cook and may only need heating up. This method may absorb more moisture so you might need to add more milk before serving.