Keto Lemon Coconut Cake
Keto Lemon Coconut Cake
Who doesn’t love a slice of buttery Keto Lemon Coconut Cake? It’s absolutely perfect to serve for morning or afternoon tea, and even the carb lovers will be begging for another slice. When there is an abundance of lemons, this is the best cake recipe. The lemon and coconut flavours make the most delicious combination. The texture is wonderfully soft and moist.
It’s simply a fabulous recipe!
HOW TO MAKE A KETO LEMON COCONUT CAKE
This delicious keto lemon coconut cake uses just a few ingredients that many of you will have on hand. There aren’t any hard to find ingredients and the recipe is really simple to follow. If you have electric beaters, you will whip up this cake in no time.
STORING KETO LEMON COCONUT CAKE?
You can store this delicious cake on the bench for up to 3 days or in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days (bring to room temperature to serve). This recipe also freezes beautifully. You can pre slice it in individual serves for ease of access or slice the whole cake into larger portions and slice when it has defrosted.
IS THIS CAKE HEALTHY?
Like any other food, if you enjoy this cake in moderation, it is quite a healthy cake, especially in comparison to a carb and sugar laden version. I love that this recipe is also gluten free and full of lot of fibre. It’s a down to earth, real food, wholesome recipe that everyone will love.
MORE FABULOUS LOW CARB CAKE RECIPES
Make sure you check out these delicious recipes that also feature on my blog-
Low Carb Orange Almond Cake
Sugar Free Mandarin Macadamia Cake
Low Carb Carrot Cake
Chocolate Olive Oil Cake
Low Carb Choc Chip Banana Bread
Keto Zucchini Bread
Low Carb Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- 125 grams butter melted
- 5 eggs large
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 125 mls coconut cream
- 240 grams almond flour/almond meal
- 30 grams coconut flour (1/4 cup)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup Erythritol or preferred sweetener
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Lemon Drizzle Topping
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3-4 tablespoons powdered sweetener of choice
- Optional - decorate with lemon zest and/or lemon slices
- Preheat your oven to 170 C/ 350 F. Line a loaf pan with quality baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or microwave until the butter is soft and runny but not bubbling. Set butter aside and allow to cool for a few minutes. Meanwhile beat the eggs in a large bowl with electric beaters until light and frothy. Add the butter, lemon juice, zest, vanilla extract and coconut cream and whisk until combined.
- Place the almond flour, coconut flour, dessicated coconut and baking powder in a clean bowl and stir to combine. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat again with the electric beaters to mix well.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared cake tin and level with a spatula.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 - 50 minutes until golden and cooked in the centre. You should be able to insert a skewer into the cake and pull it out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the tin.
- Combine the lemon juice and the powdered sweetener in a small bowl and mix until smooth. Pour the glaze over the warm cake for it to absorb or leave it until the cake cools for a thicker more obvious glaze.
One thought on “Keto Lemon Coconut Cake”
Can’t wait to try this recipe. Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!
Comments are closed.