Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice
Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice
Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice is one of those recipes where you realize you aren’t compromising on flavor when it comes to reducing the carbs in your life. I worked in a Mexican restaurant when I was younger and loved to eat a bowl of Mexican Rice simply topped with salsa and sour cream. Today, I still enjoy that same meal but without the rice. The rice has simply been subbed for much healthier cauliflower rice. The flavors are the same, the texture is similar and the end result is a healthy low carb Mexican cauliflower rice. Make sure you you try making your own Sugar Free Fresh Tomato Salsa or home made Sugar Free Salsa Picante. Both recipes are simple to make and go really well used to top this dish.
Use red peppers in this recipe if you can but switch for green or yellow if you prefer. Feel free also to add some additional vegetables if you wish to. Occasionally I buy cauliflower rice from the supermarket to make this dish or else I rice a full head of cauliflower. That equates to about 4 to 4 1/2 cups of cauliflower rice. I have tried to keep the spice a little more subtle in this as well, as I like my Mexican rice to not be overpowering. In saying that, this is still a very flavorsome dish, so don’t go adding any extra chilli until you have tried the recipe.
This dish will freeze really well and it can also simply be converted into a main dish, rather than a side dish. Simply add some shredded chicken and serve with a salad for something more substantial. Try it topped with salsa, avocado and sour cream. You could also top this recipe with cheese and bake it in the oven for about 30-40 minutes on medium heat to create a Cheesy Mexican Cauliflower Rice Bake.
More Mexican Food
You have to check out this fabulous recipe for Keto Microwave Corn Chips- the best recipe for low carb corn chips out there!. https://ketohh.com/keto-microwave-corn-chips/. You can also watch the recipe video
Don’t forget to check out some of my other Mexican recipes that will go with this dish. There’s an amazing recipe for Sugar Free Slow Cooker Drunken Pulled Pork and also for a delicious Mexican Slow Cooker Beef Brisket. Try making some Low Carb Gluten Free Tortillas and then there’s my favorite dip recipe, Chilli Con Queso Dip. Make sure you you try to make your own easy to make Mexican Spice Mix as well. Try this dish served simply with Mexican Cauliflower Rice and a Low Carb Tortilla on the side.
You could have yourself a Mexican feast with all of these fabulous recipes.
- 4 cups or 1 medium head of cauliflower rice
- ½ large onion finely diced
- ½ large red pepper finely diced- or peppers of choice
- 4 tablespoons pureed tinned tomato sugar free
- 1 tablespoon EVOO- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tablespoon ACV- apple cider vinegar/or regular vinegar
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon Mexican Spice Mix
- ¼-½ teaspoon chili powder or fresh chopped chilli or to taste
- Heat the EVOO in a large frying pan on medium heat and add the onions, garlic and red pepper, sauteing till soft.
- Add the cauliflower to the pan, along with the rest of the ingredients and mix through to combine the flavors and continue cooking for another 5 minutes or until the cauliflower is cooked to your taste.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and /or chopped coriander and finely chopped red pepper. Serve as a side to accompany Mexican food.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and some Salsa Picante or salsa.
- A main dish suggestion- mix some shredded chicken into the rice. Spoon into a casserole dish, top with cheese and bake in a moderate oven for about 30-40 minutes. Serve with a simple salad.
11 thoughts on “Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice”
Made this recipe. Really nice Mexican rice recipe. Wouldn’t guess it was low carb.
Really lovely recipe. I’ve missed Mexican rice . Loved it.
Comments are closed.