Healthy Banana Bread
Healthy Banana Bread
Delicious Healthy Banana Bread recipe is perfect served as cake to have as a healthy snack on it’s own, or served topped with a little butter. Try it is pan fried in butter on the stove top for a delicious treat. Ideal for anyone generally trying to reduce the carbs and sugar in their life. It’s also a great recipe for diabetics, celiacs, those with gluten intolerance, and for anyone following a low carb, keto or lchf way of eating.
You may have tried my other Low Carb Banana Bread Recipe which is equally as delicious as this one, but it does have the addition of nuts and seeds. This recipe is simply banana with the addition of cinnamon and nutmeg with no added nuts or seeds, aside from the almond flour/meal that is used as a base for the recipe. It is a really moist recipe that keeps really well and is also ideal for freezing.
Altering the Sweetness
As my intention is to keep this as low carb as possible, I have only used medium sized bananas in this recipe. You could increase that amount if you wish to give it a more intense banana flavor. Note that 2 banana’s divided into 18 serves does not equate to many carbs. You could also make this recipe without any added sweetener as well, as the banana could be adequate in sweetness for you- adding an additional banana may add a bit more sweetness if desired but will also up the carbs.
If you like this recipe, you should try my Healthy Pumpkin Bread Recipe as well, which inspired me to make this recipe with banana, as it is a fantastic base recipe. There is also another Banana Bread recipe that has lots of nuts and seeds added, for a bit of an additional nutritional boost. Both are lovely recipes so I can’t choose between one or the other.
Low Carb Cake Options
If you are after some other great low carb cake recipes, there are a lot more on this website. Just do a search for cake in the search bar and they will all come up. They include recipes for-
Low Carb Orange and Almond Cake
Sugar Free Mandarin Macadamia Cake
Low Carb Lemon Syrup Cake
Low Carb Carrot Cake
Low Carb Banana Loaf-a denser loaf with lots of nuts and seeds
Dark Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake
Chocolate Olive Oil Cake
- 2 medium bananas mashed
- 2 cups almond meal/almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup EVOO- extra virgin olive oil light in flavor
- 1/3 cup sour cream or Greek yoghurt
- 1-2 Tablespoons Stevia Erythritol Mix or 1/4-1/2 cup Erythritol or Monkfruit Levanto- adjust sweetness to your taste. Tastes great without added sugar as well.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 160 C/320 F fan forced.
- Mix all wet ingredients together in a large bowl and hand mix till combined.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl till well combined and add to the wet mixture, mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a prepared 9"x 5"/23 x 13 cm loaf pan and level off the top of the mixture.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 55-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean from the centre of the cake.
- Leave cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto cooling rack.