Sugar Free Spiced Nut Mix
Sugar Free Spiced Nut Mix
Having a batch of this delicious sugar free spiced nut mix is ideal for anyone trying to watch their sugar or carb intake. I love to have a bowl of these out on the bench during the festive season. They also makes a lovely edible gift. I know I’d love to receive a jar of these as a gift.
Sugar free spiced nut mix is really quick and easy to make with a few simple ingredients. Check out the options for a conventional oven or cook these up in a slow cooker as both options are included in the recipe. Just wait until you try the recipe! They are always a crowd favorite.
Delicious sugar free spiced nut mix would be perfect for gifting or to take along to the work Christmas party. Keep a stash of these on hand for over the festive period. Temptation will be averted and you’ll have a reasonably healthy treat to snack on should you feel tempted.
Christmas Gifting Recipe Ideas
For some other recipes that would be ideal for gifting for Christmas, check out these recipes.
Low Carb Dukkah
From scratch spice mixes- BBQ, Mexican and Moroccan
Sugar Free Harissa Paste
Keto Macadamia White Chocolate Cookies
Macadamia Vanilla Cookies
Ginger Spice Cookies
Low Carb Rocky Road Christmas Tree
Low Carb Rocky Road
Sesame Chia Parmesan Crackers, Healthy Almond Crackers or Almond Seed Crackers
Low Carb Raspberry Dark Chocolate Chia Balls
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Balls
Low Carb Chocolate Hazelnut Balls aka Ferrero Rocher Balls
There are so many options here that anyone trying to cut back on their carbs and sugar would love to receive. them. Don’t limit them to your low carb friends, as they would be ideal for anyone as a gift.
- 1 cup natural almonds or nuts of choice
- ¾ cup pecans or walnuts or nuts of choice
- ½ cup macadamia nuts or nuts of choice
- ½ cup hazelnuts or nuts of choice
- 1 cup pepita/pumpkin seeds
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1-2 tablespoons Stevia Blend or 2 tablespoons maple syrup sugar free
- ¼ -½ teaspoon cayenne powder – more for a hint of spice
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil or melted butter
- Oven Method- Preheat oven to 160 C/320 F. Combine all ingredients together and cook for about 20 minutes. Stir after about 10 minutes before finishing them off for the final 10 minutes. Adjust temperature if nuts are browning too quickly.
- Slow Cooker Method - Heat slow cooker on high. Add all ingredients and cook for 1.5- 2 hours, stirring every 20-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before storing for up to 1 month in an airtight container.